Learn, Discuss, Explore

Packing Tips?

Anonymous
Inactive
Posted on September 15, 2015 at 3:02 pm

I’m going on a vacation with my husband next month and I’m a terrible over-packer – what are your best tips for packing —not just clothes but electronics and makeup/toiletries?

Anonymous
Inactive
Posted on September 15, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Buy a carry on that you can bring on to the plane for your make up/toiletries. Clothes can be packed in between the plastic that you get from the dry cleaners to prevent wrinkling.

Safe Travels!

Anonymous
Inactive
Posted on September 15, 2015 at 5:33 pm

I’m all about gallon size ziplocks, this prevents leaks and spills on other items, you can see what you have and they can be reused!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  .
Anonymous
Inactive
Posted on September 15, 2015 at 6:30 pm

I am a huge list maker and I find if I make a list of everything that I need I won’t over-pack.. then I keep the list as a reference for my next trip.

Anonymous
Inactive
Posted on September 15, 2015 at 8:36 pm

I create one permanent travel toiletries bag (usually in one of the “TSA approved ziplocs”) so that everytime I have to pack I can just grab it out of the cabinet and toss it in my suitcase. I also pick a color that I am going with – typically black or navy – since I feel like that dictates the shoe colors that I bring. Then I only pack outfits that can be worn with those shoes (say for example brown knee boots) – this helps me keep the shoes to a minimum which saves a ton of space.

Anonymous
Inactive
Posted on September 19, 2015 at 2:02 pm

You know how there seems to be 100 iPhone chargers floating around your house? Take one, put it in a zip-lock and keep it in your bag- always. That way you always have your charger and you never forget it while you’re traveling.

Anonymous
Inactive
Posted on September 20, 2015 at 12:54 am

I just saw a segment about this jacket on the news the other day.

the world's best travel jacket

Anonymous
Inactive
Posted on September 21, 2015 at 7:53 pm

that jacket is amazing!

Reply To: Packing Tips?
Your information:

EMAIL
PASSWORD
Confirm Password
Email
Username or email