Learn, Discuss, Explore

What do you do during the off season?

Posted on August 25, 2015 at 8:24 pm

As our season is coming to a close – I want to pass on some suggestions to my teammates on ways to stay in shape while taking a break from tennis for the winter. What else does everyone participate in? Another kind of team? Individual sports? Workouts?

Posted on September 2, 2015 at 8:32 pm

We play indoors once a week, which makes you appreciate the outdoors that much more once Spring arrives! Also, as I’m sure you’ve heard, athletes across the board are participating in yoga to keep themselves limber.

Posted on September 15, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I play squash a good bit – although there a definite pros and cons since the swing is just different enough (more from the elbow) that it always throws my tennis swing off a bit for a few weeks and vice versa when I am transitioning between the two sports and seasons. That said, I love the fast pace of squash and I feel like mixing up my sports a bit is good for my muscles.

Posted on October 6, 2015 at 2:14 pm

I just celebrated my 60th and my gift to myself was a personal trainer! She has me doing interval training (lots of light weights and squats) so that I can be strong come the start of my tennis season. Tennis is such a big part of my life, both physically and socially and so many of my teammates end up sitting out half the season with knee and shoulder injuries. Trying to make sure that doesn’t happen to me! Thinking about finding somewhere to swim a few days a week as well. Would love to hear about other things women are doing for more ideas.

Reply To: What do you do during the off season?
Your information:

Confirm Password
Username or email
Forgot Password?
New to Pinks and Greens? Join Now!